HELEN H. XIAO-LI, M.D., PH.D. – CURRICULUM VITAE
Helen H. Xiao-Li, M.D., Ph.D.
Current Position: Attending physician
Staten Island Radiation Oncology
1781 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10305
Capable of proving service in traditional 3D-CRT, IMRT, IGRT, HDR brachytherapy. Having extensive experiences with Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (Gamma Knife at 21st Century Oncology and Cyberknife at FROS Cyberknife Center.
Currently I am treating a variety of malignancies using Varian Clinac IX, Rapid Arc, which has the ability for IMRT/IGRT, SBRT/SRS.
7/2014-Present: Staten Island Radiation Oncology
4/1/2012-4/2014: Flushing Radiation Oncology Cyber Knife Center
6/2002-3/2012: 21st Century Oncology
1982-1987: Peking Union Medical College (PUMC), MD
1989-1995: Yale University School of Medicine, Ph.D.
Postgraduate Clinical Training:
1987-1989: Resident in Ophthalmology, PUMC
1995-1996: Intern in Internal Medicine, Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich, CT.
1996-1997: Resident in Medicine, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Med. Ctr., Lebanon, NH
1998- 2002: Resident in Radiation Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center-Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY.
Licensure and Certification:
2002 Board certification in Radiation Oncology
2012 ABR Re-certification
2002 New York State medical license
1998 Instructor for the School of Radiation Therapy at Montefiore Medical Center
2002 Invited speaker in Spring Lung Cancer Symposium at Beth Israel Medical Center
1. Research Award, New York Roentgen Society, New York, NY (1999)
2. AACR Travel Awards: American Association for Cancer Research (1995)
1. H. Xiao, L. Wang. Comparison of Electrophoretic Maps of Rabbit and Human Sperm Membrane Polypeptides Extracted with Six Different Chemical Reagents. Acta Academiae Medicinae Sinicae 8 Suppl. 1:12-14, 1986.
2. H. Xiao, W. Zhu. Takayasu’s Disease-A Report from PUMC Hospital on 54 Cases. Acta Academiae Medicinae Sinicae, 12:1-3,1990.
3. P. Zheng, D. S. Fay, J. Burton, H. Xiao, J. L. Pinkham, D. Stern. SPK1 Is an Essential S-Phase-Specific Gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae That Encodes a Nuclear Serine/Threonine/Tyrosine Kinase. Mol. Cell. Biol., 13:5829-5842,1993.
4. J. Li, D. C. Koay, H. Xiao, and A. C. Sartorelli. Regulation of the Differentiation of WEHI-3B D+ Leukemia Cells by Granulocyte Colony-Stimulating Factor Receptor, J. Cell Biol., 120:1481-1489, 1993.
5. J. Xu, H. Xiao, and A. C. Sartorelli. Attenuation of the Induced Differentiation of HL-60 Leukemia Cells by Mitochondrial Chaperone HSP70, Oncology Research, 11:429-435, 1999.
6. T. A. Stadheim, H. Xiao, A. Eastman. Inhibition of Extracellular Signal-Regulated Kinase (ERK) Mediates Cell Cycle Phase Independent Apoptosis in Vinblastine-Treated ML-1 cells. Cancer Res 15;61(4):1533-40, 2001.
7. H. Xiao, Y. Makeyev, J. Butler, B. Vikram, W. A. Franklin. 7-Hydroxystaurosporine (UCN-01) Preferentially Sensitizes p53-Deficient Lung Cancer Cells to g-Radiation. In press.
8. H. Xiao, E. Li, Y. Makeyev, N. Dean, B. Vikram, W. A. Franklin Inhibition of Bcl-xL, an Anti-Apoptotic Protein, by Antisense Oligonucleotide Potentiated g-radiation Induced Apoptosis in Human Adenocarcinoma of the Lung. Submitted.
9. E. Li, H. Xiao, B. Vikram, Differential Expression of Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL in Human Small Cell Lung Cancer and Adenocarcinoma of the Lung. Submitted.
Current Memberships in Professional Societies:
1. American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
2. New York Roentgen Society
3. American College of Radiology