RapidArc™ VOLUMETRIC ARC THERAPY (VMAT)
RapidArc™ Volumetric Arc Therapy (RapidArc™ VOLUMETRIC ARC THERAPY (VMAT)) is a modern treatment technique that allows for a faster treatment time and lower radiation dose to you using Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (RapidArc™ VOLUMETRIC ARC THERAPY (VMAT)). RapidArc™ VOLUMETRIC ARC THERAPY (VMAT) gives the Staten Island Radiation Oncology treating team the ability to deliver more tightly focused treatments to your cancer in a significantly shorter time. During a RapidArc™ VOLUMETRIC ARC THERAPY (VMAT) treatment the linear accelerator rotates around you and the radiation beams sweep in continuous uninterrupted arcs, tightly pin-pointed on the cancer. Three-dimensional CT imaging technology aids in the precision of the radiation, giving our doctors the ability to see the tumor at the time of treatment. This new technology allows our radiation oncologist more control to deliver a carefully targeted dose, so that only the tumor receives a high dose of radiation, not the surrounding healthy organs. Staten Island Radiation Oncology’s RapidArc™ VOLUMETRIC ARC THERAPY (VMAT) technology greatly reduces treatment time from the typical 10-20 minutes seen with conventional radiation treatment, to only 1-2 minutes. By reducing the length of your daily treatments, you will be able to spend more time doing the things you want. All of our prostate cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy receive treatment with RapidArc™ VOLUMETRIC ARC THERAPY (VMAT). It is important to keep in mind that this type of advanced technology requires experience and expertise. At the Staten Island Radiation OncologyCenter, every person on the team specializes in both the cancers they treat and the technologies they use, including RapidArc™ VOLUMETRIC ARC THERAPY (VMAT).
The algorithm ensures treatment precision, helping to spare normal healthy tissue.
In the hands of the experienced clinical team at Staten Island Radiation Oncology, the powerful and versatile RapidArc™ VOLUMETRIC ARC THERAPY (VMAT) system can treat a wide range of conditions. Staten Island Radiation Oncology is the only premier community based cancer treatment center in the Staten Island New York area to install and use this advanced technology to fight cancer.
- Yashoda Cancer Institute Treats First Patient in India Using rapidArc Radiotherapy Technology
- New Mexico Doctors Now Treating Brain and Prostate Cancer With rapidArc Radiotherapy Technology
- Public Cancer Center Becomes First in South-East Asia to Introduce rapidArc Radiotherapy Treatments From Varian Medical Systems
- Top Belgian Cancer Center Becomes First in Country to Introduce rapidArc Radiotherapy Treatments From Varian Medical Systems
- A Fast, New Cancer Fighting Tool Is Now Available in the Houston Area: rapidArc(TM) Radiotherapy Technology from Varian Medical Systems
- Impac Software Announces Clinical Release of rapidArc Support
- First rapidArc Radiotherapy Treatment in Italy Takes Place at Leading Milan Cancer Center
- Central California Doctors Now Using Fast rapidArc(TM) Radiotherapy Technology to Battle Cancer
- Cancer Patients in Southeastern Florida Now Benefiting From rapidArc(TM) Radiotherapy Treatments
- Clinicians in Netherlands Treat Lung Cancer Patients Using New rapidArc Radiotherapy Technology from Varian Medical Systems
- Decatur Memorial Hospital Becomes First in Illinois to Treat Cancer Patients With rapidArc(TM) Radiotherapy Technology